On search for the perfect lip balm

Arek Wednesday, March 15, 2006
I know winter is almost over, but I still haven't found my perfect lip balm -and certainly not from the lack of trying! I have tried more than five lip balms (which is def more than what my lips need,) but I'm still not satisfied with any of them. Although I do admit I got most of my lip balms for free, one way or another, and only one lip balm was actually purchased personally.

Vaseline Lip Therapy, Cherry - This is the one I've been using ever since I bought it in Japan last August. It certainly does do all that lip protecting thing it's supposed to. My only complaint is that it's got an annoying texture, like the balm on the upper and lower lip stick together. Oh and while lip balms don't necessarily need to be shiny, if they're going to act like lip gloss (annoyingly sticky that is,) then it should at least look good.

Biotherm Moisturizing Balm Protective Lip Care -I think Biotherm has changed the package since I got mine because mine doesn't look like this photo (which is the only lip balm that can be currently found on the Biotherm website.) The one I have is a white tube. The 'lip balm' inside is sort of like a white cream, which is super annoying because after application, it forms a white layer on your lips! AND it didn't even feel moisturising. Thank goodness my dad got this for free from the plane!

Ren Skincare Acacia Blossom Lip Honey -Another freebie from the plane, this time from my mum. This so-called lip balm is like a chunk of hard wax. I literally have to use my nails to scrape some 'balm' from the jar onto my lips and spread it out. After a long bit of heating, the chunk of 'Lip Honey' does melt -and when it does, it's fantastic -but when it cools down afterwards, it's hard and annoying to use again.

Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm -My friend gave this to me as a present, (yes I am extremely cheap and hardly ever buy myself lip balm.) When I was younger I loved the smell. But now that I'm older, the smell really irritates me because it makes the water in my water bottle taste funny.

Eve Lom Kiss Mix -I don't actually own this, but a facial lady once put it on me at the end of my Eve Lom facial (which was totally useless btw.) Eve Lom Kiss Mix is mega shiny, and it gives the lips a lovely tingly feeling. I haven't used it enough to comment on how lip-protecting it is, but at 12.5 pounds per jar, I probably won't be running to buy it!

So if there is a lip balm that you think is uber fantastic, let me know please!!
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment