Prom Dress 06 II: Off the Runway

Arek Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Off the runway, we look to the stars and the stores for inspiration.

Conveniently for us, ABS has a collection of dresses that is literally off the red carpet, called the "Red Carpet" collection. I think its pretty cool. They have Natalie Portman's vintage Chanel that she wore to the Golden Globes this year, which I love, because it is just SO classic and elegant. It looks so similar that I noticed the resemblance even before I read about the idea behind the collection!

Sometimes, the ABS copy is even better than the real thing. I bet Charlize Theron wish she wore this ABS copy to the Golden Globes instead of the real Dior by Galliano see-through version.

Also in stores are dresses in the color of this season's brown. I adore the brown/gold dress BCBG on the left, its just good to see something different in dresses. And the model looks good in the brown BCBG dress on the right, especially with that tan!

Look young and cute in these BCBG taffeta dresses with a bow. They are so fun! Although I'm not too fond of the slight 'bubbling' of the skirt on the right.

Then there is the ever elegant goddess look. I especially like these two from BCBG, with the fading wash of colors. Although with that length, you really have to be tall to carry it off.

But if you, like me, are not that tall, there is always these goddess-like dresses from ABS with the short or assymetrical hem.

So happy prom dress hunting everyone. And remember, find something that is flattering to your body and that you won't cringe at when you see your prom pictures 10 years from now!

Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment