My Favourite SS06 Campaigns

Arek Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Now that we're edging to the end of the SS06 advertising months, you should have seen most of the campaign images in magazines. This of course depends which magazine you read, because one particular brand is likely to have different advertising images in different mags.

I love these two:
Prada: Featuring Sasha Pivavorova
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love how everything is so... white. But notice that it's not just plain white. It's a sort of washed out white with so many shades of white and grey -so artistic! I LOVE the idea of lying down on a bed surrounded by so many Prada bags and luggages -it's like my fantasy!
I know some people may think that so much white is boring, but these campaign images really brings out the Prada SS06 message: wear white (possibly with embellishments,) bright pink lips, grey stockings, big bags and big platform shoes.

This last image is my favourite. I like it so much that I even made it into my desktop wallpaper!

Dolce & Gabanna: Featuring Jeisa Chiminazzo, Snejana, Onopka, Caroline Trentini, Gemma Ward, Raquel Zimmerman, Emina C, Lily Donaldson, Marina Perez, Marta Berzkalna, Tatiana Oussova
OK obviously this campaign is slightly more confusing because of the huge number of models and outfits. But the idea of laying around on hay wearing such gorgeous (and expensive) dresses is so irresistable. I mean, who ever thought of wearing such dresses in a barn? Funny enough, the barn and hay provide a really good neautral-colored background for the clothes. And each campaign photo had a good color theme. The great thing about Dolce & Gabanna is that its got a fantastic website (as opposed to the pathetic Prada site,) so you can go to its website to download these photos as desktop wallpaper!
OK enough about my favourites, which are your favourite SS06 campagins?
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment