Resort 07 Wrap up

Arek Monday, May 22, 2006
More than a decade ago, RTW shows were just for the buyers and VIP clients. Now, RTW shows are huge events that we can all log onto style.com and see videos and photos the next day. Just last week, Dior and Chanel held resort collection shows in NY in an unusually grand scale -that is with the buyers, press, celebs and after-parties. Are other labels going to follow this step? We'll see next year.

Christian Dior

This collection confirms that skirts and dresses are still the main focus next year. I love the way John Galliano used one or two choices of fabric per dress but managed to create so many different styles and cuts. Most of the collection seemed to be made of bright, shiny material, which according to style.com was laminated cotton and metallic linen. In the rare cases of pants, skinny pants are still Dior's choice. The bright, solid blocks of colour throughout the collection reminded me a bit of the disco times.
The left outfit is perfect for the fashion-foward business women. The dress on the right reminds me of Preen.
I don't know how anyone in real life would wear the dress on the left, but I can't get the image of Sasha in it out of my head! Metallic trench coat on the right.
Sexy and sooo cool.
LOVE these two dresses. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope high street stores will make similar dresses, esp the asymmetrical gold one!

Chanel

Usually I don't have much to say about Chanel's collections, but I really liked the casual, spring feel of this collection. But the knee-length gladiators are just... not great. Karl Lagerfeld really needs to work on the shoes he puts on the Chanel runway. Here are some pretty pieces:
Classic Chanel black and white prominent throughout the collection. The cute string bow thing in the hair reminds me of the Chanel haute couture shows.
Love the black leather coat on the left. If only I could afford it!
Pretty dresses! Notice the details on the dress on the left, and the accessories on the right.
The left is for the young and cute. The right is for the sophisticated.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment