Louis Vuitton FW06 Ads

Arek Tuesday, June 27, 2006
With all the FW06 ad previews hitting the internet, it took me a while to decide which campaign to talk about first. So I thought I might as well start with the giant -Louis Vuitton. The Vuitton ads this season are all for representing different people -from the English to the Asians. Thankfully, Marc Jacobs continued using models instead of actresses.

Naomi Campbell -Hate this ad. (Probably because I hate the bag and fur hat thingy.)

Kate Moss and Pharrel Williams- OK, can the ads get any more commercial? This set of ads look more like boring catalogue photos than high fashion ads. No wonder big name models had to be used to hype up the ads!

DuJuan and Raquel -I really like how the models are positioned. It kind of looks like DuJuan's head is coming out from Raquel's body! Even though this ad is very obviously selling the bag and necklace, it's still quite artistic.

Daria Werbowy -I like Daria better when she's tanned, but this set of 'pale skin with techno-coloured eyes' ads are definately more creative than the Kate and Naomi ones. Again, the model's position (and the shoe's) are so eye-catching and unique.


I'm a bit confused whether these photos are supposed to be one campaign or two, but with all the brilliant models Vuitton hired, I wish the whole campaign was just a bit more creative. Kate Moss in pale skin and techno-coloured eyes would have been interesting.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment