SS06 Bags Trend II: White

Arek Thursday, June 29, 2006
It's no secret the colour of the season is white. And it certainly is no news that white bags are very 'in' this season. But I have only really gotten into this trend recently myself. It all started after I 'borrowed' (and probably never will be returned) my mum's Marc by Marc Jacobs Fran bag. (See photo above: my Fran bag is the one on the left, but with the white leather and yellow side as shown on the right.) I only truly discovered how pretty and practical it was after I started taking it along to work.

This Dior Gaucho bag was really the SS06 bag I wanted at the beginning of the season. Fortunately, it was so expensive that I didn't buy it -thank goodness because it certainly isn't as practical as the Marc bag, (although it is way more fashionable.)

Miu Miu had a huge selection of plain bags this season, many being white. Some people don't like the huge bag trend this season, but it's so convenient when you're on the run in the summer.

I know a lot of people don't like the new direction Gucci has taken, but I really like it. This bag is very classy, but you would probably need an equally classy outfit to match!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Prada is a huge trendsetter for the whole white bag trend. This huge Prada leather frame bag is one of its main seasonal bag.

A white nylon with leather trimming bag by Prada. I love how pristine it looks, but I imagine you must be extremely paranoid about where to put it.

This J.Crew tote is perfect for a day to the beach; to the yauht; to the pool...

I'm loving this Urban Outfitters tote, (although I really can't comment much until I see it in real life.) I really want a bag that has both the handles and the extra shoulder strap like this one. This bag is a great combination of being trendy and practical.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Since I'm on the topic of practical totes, I must mention Tod's. This bag certainly isn't for people who like lots of complicated details, but it's great for those who have very simple taste.

It really isn't only a myth -white bags seriously match 95% of the summer outfits. I am so in love with them now. Just a little reminder: Use a damp cloth to wipe your bag once a week to keep it white.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment