SS06 Fashion Trend: Suspenders/ Braces

Arek Friday, June 23, 2006
Apart from the trend of dungaree dresses, suspenders have been seen on the runway and in shops. The normal way of wearing is like as seen on the Luella SS06 runway above: a pair of suspenders clipped onto the pants. I really have to say ugh to this trend. It's just so... 90s? Actually I have no idea when suspenders were last in fashion, but suspenders only remind me of those potbelly, middle-aged detectives one would see in TV or read in books.

However, I have to say, the only reason why I am writing about them at all is because they did look wicked cool in the Marc by Marc Jacobs show. Maybe it's because the suspender looked like another layer on top of the many other layers of clothes on the model. Or maybe it's because the belt is only on one side of the model, so the asymmetricalness adds randomness to the outfit, thus making the outfit funkier.

OK, my point is this: I don't like suspenders. Unless you manage to carry them off like a model could and look really good in them, then don't waste your money! There are definately prettier trendy accessories you could spend your money on.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment