The Shirt and the Tie

Arek Monday, June 19, 2006
For quite a few seasons now, magazines have reported the trend of girls dressing like guys, ie. wearing shirts and ties together. Now I have never quite understood this trend. I mean, I think it was cool when Avril wore it a few years ago when she was in her so-called punk rock mood. And it's fun when people wear it as a costume, such as in Halloween or themed parties. Honestly, I can't see how this style works in real life but the SS06 runways certainly seemed to like it:

Karen Walker and Lanvin had skinny ties. Very classy and girly.

The ties and shirts are made of exactly the same prints at Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs.

Lanvin makes the ties look professional.

The shirt and tie combination looked cool and casual at Belstaff and Chloe.

Personally, I've only ever worn a tie with my school uniform (that was when I was younger). But casually, I'm way too chicken to try. Anyone here wears ties as normal casual wear?
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment