Dealing with Old Magazines

Arek Saturday, July 1, 2006

Recently I’ve been busy reorganising and packing all my stuff because my family is moving. So after I reorganised and threw away MANY things (like old stationary, letters, catalogues, documents etc.) I got to the magazines. The question is should I chuck them away also?

The old magazines I am talking about are mainly British Vogues from the past two years, Teen Vogues since it started and a few random issues of magazines I deem as ‘special’: the last ever issue of The Face, a few Japanese Seventeen (not that I know how to read Japanese), two thick September issues of US Vogue, the first ever issue of Chinese Vogue, and the Gemma-edited issue of Australian Vogue of course.

I’m usually not very sentimental about old things that I don’t use anymore. If something is totally useless and doesn’t represent a huge phase of my life, I would throw it out without thinking much. I am planning to keep the special issues of magazines and Teen Vogues, but I am still debating about the old British Vogues. I mean, it’s unlikely I’m going to be rereading those any time soon. But I’m really hesitant to get rid of them because the editorials (and some ads) are just SO pretty. Remember the July 2005 ones with Lily Cole? Sigh, the dilemmas a fashion editorial junkie faces…

I'm curious, do YOU usually keep your old magazines? For how long and which ones?

Btw, reorganising and throwing useless old things away is a lot fun and VERY satisfying. Do try it out!
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment