The Devil Wears Prada

Arek Tuesday, July 11, 2006
The Devil Wears Prada is THE movie I most look foward to this summer. Actually, it's the only movie I have looked foward to in a looong time. I still remember how excited I was when I started to read the book. It was supposed to be funny and allowed readers to get an insight to how the fashion magazine world was like. At the beginning, the book really was quite cute. But as I read on, all I could think of was: oh please, it's not like anyone forced the job on you. Please stop whining! So by the end of the book, it was safe to say I found the book annoying.

But nevertheless, a funny movie that is about the fabulous fashion magazine world and pretty clothes got me excited. Afterall, the only other magazine-related movie I could think of is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, (which is one of my favourite movies of all time.) Also there was so much hype around this movie. Usually, movies with this much hype turn out with poor reviews. But so far, all the reviews I have heard were positive.

I've been so excited about this movie that I have already read a LOT of articles about it already. The article I liked the most is not particularly about the movie itself, but about Anna Wintour, (who is the infamous editor of Vogue, for those of you living in a hole). I was going to write a post about what I think about Wintour, but this article sums up my feelings better than what I would have written myself so I go read it at NYT.com: The Devil Wears Teflon.

Basically, it's saying that yes, Wintour is tough and not the easiest boss to work for, but she is amazingly successful and does her part to support and further the fashion industry. She's definately one of those successful female figures I look up to.

So what do you think of Wintour? Oh, and if you've seen the movie, what did you think of it? Let me know -I can't wait to see it!
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment