The Lancome Launching Event

Arek Thursday, July 27, 2006
The other day I went to the Lancome Secret de Vie launching event. I know, it isn't exactly my kind of product, but hey, it was an event and I thought they were promoting new make-up! Who knew what "Secret de Vie" meant from the looks of the invitation?

Anyway, the event started at 7pm and was located in an unit in a luxury complex in the fancy part of town. We arrived fashionably late at 7.40pm and was ushered in for drinks and tiny sandwiches. Although the unit was large by most standards, the event itself was rather small. The crowd was thin, with the photographers interviewing small local starlets who I have no idea who they are. But I did admire the decor of the unit. Mostly white and glass, white marble floors, white grand paino and white flowers + petals on the glass table- very elegant. We thought it was a very smart PR move to launch a new product in a house- they get to advertise two things in one move! There were also make-up artists there to help you put on a Lancome logo "tatoo", which I thought was neat. Oh and the lychee cocktail was yummy.
Then the "presentation" started. I was beginnng to wonder how one "presents" make-up in a dark balcony when I finally realised that Secret de Vie was actually their new rejuvenating face cream. People made speeches and then this guy (who turned out to be a magician) started to explain what was so special about it. Something about how it rejuvenates the 6 layers of skin we have using yeast (and he started adding these ingredients into a bowl), sugar, algae, yadeyadeya and POOF pink smoke and ribbons started coming out of the bowl and out comes a bottle of Secret de Vie! Expecting a boring recitation, that was an awesome surprise. LOL. And doesn't the design of the jar look so cool? Like an atomic bomb?

Anyway, over all it was a fascinating experience seeing the "pros" at work launching a cosmetic (it must be hard as there is really nothing much to show!) and my mom was very happy with the huge jar of Secret de Vie I got when I left.

Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment