BG's Paris Diary Week 3

Arek Friday, October 20, 2006
This last week in Paris has been slightly less eventful than the last two as I settle down into Parisian life. I’m getting used to the language barrier now and even started saying “pardon” to people when I was in London. It was just so frustrating at first, because I’ve never lived anywhere where I can’t express myself properly.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Anyway, last weekend I went to both London and Cambridge. Since I’ve already written about London before, let me regal you a bit about Cambridge. The “city” (it is considered a city because they have a cathedral), was bigger than I expected. I was imagining a small town very much like Oxford, but it is really quite big and one can get lost if you don’t know your way around. The architect was beautiful, the churches and bridges were amazing (though not a big fan of their red brick buildings)! They even have this mathematical bridge where no nail was used to build it (although I’m not sure if I’ve actually passed it or not). I attended a formal dinner in one of the colleges, where they all dressed up in their robes (a la Harry Potter style), listened to the scholar say grace in Latin (I love traditions even though I have no idea what she was saying) and ate fabulous 4 course meals at a very affordable price. It was awesome, definitely a great experience.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For my actual birthday, my friend and I celebrated with afternoon tea at the Ritz Paris (my favorite past time). The décor was not exactly the Classical style I was expecting. It really felt more like a lounge/bar (well I guess it IS called the Vendome Bar. . .), but the scones were exquisite- fresh and hot. The overall experience was very “ritzy.”
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh, and guess who I was in the same building as? Lindsey Lohan! I came out and there was this huge crowd outside the Ritz with their long professional cameras. So I wondered over to find out why. Turns out, Lindsey was staying at the Ritz and they were expecting her to come out anytime within the next 2 hours. So yeah, I thought that was kind of cool even though I didn’t even see her shadow and wasn’t about to wait around for it.

I also made my first visit to THE Chanel store yesterday on Camden Drive. It is a good thing that I’m such a fan that the name Cambon is forever etched into my head, because one can easily miss that tiny little street. The store through wasn’t any different from any other Chanel stores, but have you ever seen a Chanel store with valet out front?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also sneaked into the top floor of the modern art museum near Hotel de Ville yesterday (the name of it escapes me) to get a good view of Paris. The museum reminded me of the children’s play area in US McDonalds, I definitely need to go back sometime and take a look at the things inside.

That is about all I did this week in Paris. I also went to Lafayette, Printemps and Zara with my friend where I found this perfect round buckle belt that ran out of my size, but that was not very exciting. And now, I am going to mold in my room for the rest of the weekend to hopefully start and finish my 10 page paper and recover asap from my cold and not lose my voice altogether. A bientot!
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment