The Leather Puffer

Arek Monday, October 20, 2008
As you might have read, lately, I've been craving a leather jacket. They are the perfect item to edge up a girly outfit. But since I'm the more easily chilled kind, warmth against the bitter cold is always one of my primary concerns. And so following the puffer trench, I discovered the leather puffer. I wasn't even deliberately looking. I was just randomly browsing at the Intermix store and lo' and behold, I find the leather puffer below: I thought the concept was awesome, a cool, edgy and WARM leather jacket. The soft gray color also caught my eye. Probably because it has all the qualities of black but is not (although of course they have it in black). But then I tried it on- just for fun. It fits on very snugly (so if you're buying them online, go one size bigger!) but also very stiffly. I know it is probably because of the stuffing, but for a whooping $875, I expected a bit more. The ability to move to begin with. And secondly, better quality leather. I've come across my fair share of leather, and that was not good leather. It was stiff and felt (and looked now that I think about it) plasticky, making it look a bit cheap, which is ridiculous considering the price tag.

I walked out of the store disappointed. Maybe if they cut down the price tag by at least a 1/3. Then maybe it'll be worth considering.
Image Source: Intermix Online
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment