What type of jewelry is best for a belly button piercing?

Arek Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Following is the question: [I guess some persons have the same problem!]

I have had my belly button pierced for 2 years and all of a sudden it's getting itchy and uncomfortable and I think it may have something to do with the jewelry. I honestly don't know what it is, can't be great though cuz it was less than $20. It's beginning to get a little dark (the piercing). If I change the jewelry will that help the darkness go away?

Best Answer which is chosen by voters:
You need to remove your current piercing and retire it:) Let your belly button heal and clean it. Upgrade to a surgical steel belly button ring or 14k gold (Not Plated). ----- I do agree with her!

Other Answers:
Answer 1:
Take the jewelry out and wash the belly button very good with alcohol and q-tips. Use Surgical steel, or Gold for your piercing. Any silver, copper, or the other metals will turn a little and possibly irritate the piercing. ---- In my opinion, this anwer is also very good.

Answer 2:
Try andonized titanium. They are the least allergenic metal. I've had a titanium barbell in my rook for 4 or 5 years now without a problem but the steel ones start to break down much faster. (I'm allergic to nickel in the steel) --- In fact, titanium is a little expensive.

Answer 3:
yeah, it sounds like the jewelry you got wasn't very high grade, you need to be buying jewelry thats made from surgical steel.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment