A Short Interview with Asia Wysoczynska

Arek Sunday, July 25, 2010
After posting yesterday on Asia Wysoczynska, I asked this emerging Polish designer a few questions about herself and her most recent collection.

Tell me, Asia, where you are from…
I’m from Poland, currently living in Warsaw.

What do “fashion” and “design” mean to you?
I believe fashion is a means of communication. Design is an expression of meaning.

You studied Psychology…how has this field shape your perspective?
I graduated from International School of Costume and Fashion Design, in Warsaw, Poland, this year. However, studying psychology before has put me into a perspective different from that of most designers.

What inspires you as a designer?
Everything starts from an idea. When I do know what I would like to say, I start to look for ‘sentences’ that could tell the story. And in the end, it’s all about the Hero of the story, his or her emotions. The aim is to create designs being distinctive and at the same time allowing personality expression.

Finally, your most recent collection “HEroSHE, the Warrior”…
HEroSHE is a luxurious prêt-a-porter collection for the brave. For the city warriors.



Photo & slideshow a/w 2010 collection “HEroSHE, the Warrior, Copyright Asia Wysoczynska.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment