Interview with Italian Model, Sasha Marini

Arek Friday, September 24, 2010
Why don’t you introduce yourself to the readers…
“My name is Sasha Marini, I’m 30 years old and I’m an international model based in Milan but I constantly travel all over the world. I was born in San Benedetto del Tronto, a small town near the Adriatic Sea, 2 hours by car far from Rome. I’m an only child and I love my family that always pushes me to go and gets my goals.

How did you begin modeling?
I started modeling 10 years ago, when I was studying Law at university, because I wanted to make some money; but I immediately realized that fashion was more than a passion, so I decided to travel in order to get a competitive background for my career.

Where did you go?
I lived in Athens, Barcelona, Madrid, Istanbul, Munich, and New York. I really enjoy travelling, staying in different towns and rising to the occasion of new exciting experiences.

What type of shoots have you done?
I shot editorials for many magazines, such as Vogue Pelle, Bello, Ninja, Lab, Posh, Pen and my ad campaigns ( Vinicio Pajaro, Skin Feeling Underwear, Q Zee Jeans, Arsenal, Giancarlo Paoli, Claudio Orciani, Gianfranco Butteri, Bocinsky, Alta Tensione, Franceschetti), also publishing in L’ Uomo Vogue, Vogue Italia, Vogue Russia, GQ, Men’s Health, Esquire, Max, Class, Flair, Elle, Marie Claire.

How about photographers…
Shooting with photographers, such as Phil Poynter, Michael Baumgarten, Errikos Andreou, Giovanni Zaccagnini, Marco Marezza, Lorenzo Marcucci, Giovanni Aponte, Paolo Monina, Michele Ercolani, Jacopo Manfren, Roberta Krasnig, Michele De Andreis, Enrico Lattanzi, Mario Gramegna, and especially Alberto Rugolotto has been the greatest satisfaction from my career because I had the opportunity to shoot editorials that had a very strong concept like Decadence, Metamorphosis, En plein air, Bag for Love, Denim that were able to push over the boundaries and make people think deeply and establish a great human relationships that make the difference in fashion business.

What personal qualities have helped you as a model?
My star sign is Leo and I really have Leo’s attitude about private and professional life. I think my best feature is to be open mind, tenacious, determinate and focused on my career and, at the same time, I’m always positive, polite and balanced with all the people I’m working with.

Turn offs?
The lack of respect, falseness, shallowness, hypocrisy, and silly “fashion victim” attitude turn off my mind.

What else do you enjoy doing besides modeling?
About my hobbies, I like going to the gym as it’s really important to be fit, running on the beach, reading books, watching movies, and cooking Italian food for my friends.

Any aspirations after modeling?
After modeling, I’d like to work as an actor: I think I have a very natural attitude for acting so let’s see what is going to happen.

Do you have any closing words for aspiring models?
I would suggest young male models to keep on studying because modeling could seem a “gilded dream,” but in truth it’s a very hard and demanding work. It requires sacrifices, great character and good luck too, so it doesn’t assure their future. Beyond this, I would suggest them to work always with great humility and ability, not to let themselves influenced by success and to maintain their freshness and moral principles that are more important than the mere career.

I enjoy the shoots that I have seen of you! Good luck!
I’m very proud you liked my photos: I think to be a normal man who loves working in a very professional way with passion and tries to do his best to express messages through his photos.

Photos Copyright Sasha Marini.
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment